Pages

1.27.2014

Gr!

We looked at the apartment and it is smaller than what we've been used to but it's fine, we are just two people. The yard was bigger than I thought and because it's a corner unit, the yard goes partly on the side too with the fence. We would be able to move in around the 15th BUT he wants 6 weeks of rent really. He said he would want $795 x2, $250x2 for the pets and then 2 weeks of rent since he collects rent on the first and not the 15th. So $2490 altogether. By the 15th. Sigh. James doesn't want to do it. He wants to wait and save up some more. But the rent is good. It's under $800 which is what we wanted and that's been hard to find. Everything's been over $800 and then they also all want 3x that plus pet deposits. I do think his pet deposits are a bit ridiculous especially since it's non refundable and it's the same for a cat and a dog. I emailed my dad about how much the guy would want and we'll see if he offers me the money before I have to ask. 

I asked James if he'd bring the mini fridge and microwave up to the house if we ended up having to stay here. He said there's hardly any room. I told him I would make room. Lol. If I eliminated the "nightstand" then they could go on my side of the bed. I didn't mention to him that I would also be bringing my toaster in here too then but I can carry it so I didn't think I needed to mention that. Lol. When I go to work on Wednesday I need to find a box to bring home so I can empty out the dresser. I have clothes in there I really don't need right now. Then I can put stuff in there that we do use and used to sit on the top shelf in the closet. Pants, towels and sheets. I can take out the dividers in the top drawer and I can fit more in there then. 

If I had known prior to Friday evening that we wouldn't be moving into JF's house then I would have packed differently. I would have already packed up the dresser and re packed it for living here. I would have packed stuff for living in a bedroom. I'm so not used to not having most of stuff with me. I'm not used to not having my own space either. I've lived on my own for 7 years. 3 years was completely by myself and 4 has been with J now. It's an adjustment. 

I need to shut off the electric and Internet to the house. 

No comments: