Pages

7.04.2015

Confessions of a nail polish addict tag!

I saw a YouTube video the other day that was "Confessions of a nail polish addict tag" and I've wanted to answer the questions ever since! But the YouTuber didn't put the list of questions in typed form, she just read them in her video. So I started searching for it and I found a ton of blogger's who had the questions typed but they answered them underneath the question and didn't provide the questions without answers for someone to copy/paste. I copied/pasted from a blogger and then altered the questions a little bit and I'm going to answer them here. BUT at the end I'll also provide the questions that someone can just copy/paste without having to delete my answers or copy each question by itself. Here goes.

1. What nail polish(es) are you wearing on your nails right now?

I did a 4th of July manicure today and so there's lot of polishes. 
Base: Qtica natural nail growth stimulator.
Colors: Rainbow Honey Crimson Nebula (red), Rainbow Honey Kosmic Blues (blue), Revlon Degas (white, it's a nail art bottle called Night and Degas), Maybelline Ice Princess (holographic glitter).
Top coats: I have three different top coats going on. I have Gelous nail gel coat over each layer of color polish, then I did one coat of Sephora Formula X clear top coat on top of all the colors and the final coat of Gelous and finally there's a coat or two of Essie Good To Go. I use the Sephora to give it some thickness. 

2. What is one nail product you can't live without?
A fast drying top coat. 

3. What is your favorite nail polish brand (mainstream and indie)? 
Sinful Colors and Rainbow Honey. But RH is the only indie brand I've tried so far so I'm sure this could change if I ever try another brand. 

4. What kind of nail shape do you prefer to wear and do you prefer long or short nails? 
Square and long! Nothing else. Some of my nails though grow rounded (almond) and it annoys me so some of them are rounded if I don't file. 

5. What is your go-to color?
Blue!!!

6. What is your favorite nail polish finish? 
Glitter. But I can live with cremes... If I have a glitter top coat, lol.

7. What's on your nail polish wish list?
I have over 600 nail polishes right now so I'm going to say I don't have a wish list. But I do have a small Pinterest board of colors I like and don't have. 

8. When do you usually paint your nails (mornings, afternoons or evenings/nights)? 
Evenings/nights. 

9. What's your top nail tip that you swear by?
Use a good base coat! Lots of people don't use a base coat, don't use a quality base coat or they only do one coat of their base coat. Skipping two coats of a good base coat could cause staining. The one thing that bugs me about people's natural nails is when their nails are yellowed/stained. I've used black, blue, green nail polishes for many years and if I do 2 coats of a decent base coat, I can prevent staining. I've used several Sally Hansen base coats, OPI nail envy, Qtica nail strengtherner and Ciaté nail tonic hydrator for the last 8-10 years and have successively prevented staining if I do two coats. If I do one coat, I could have staining or I could break a nail.


10. What nail polish do you regret buying? 
Most of the ones that I semi regret buying are ones I've bought at either Dollar Tree or Big Lots. I've bought a ton of polishes at those stores because they're cheap and usually are brands I like (Milani, Revlon, Sinful colors, Loreal and Maybelline for instance) but I can't say that I've used those polishes more than once if at all. In 2012 I had a favorite glitter topper from Milani and around 2014 I saw it at Dollar Tree so I stocked up. But I've yet to even finish the first bottle I did have. Same with a Maybelline color I bought. I loved it and used up half of the first bottle so when I saw it at Big Lots, I bought it but haven't used anymore of the first bottle since. Then I've bought several L.A. Colors polishes that I didn't use. I bought a base coat and a holographic glitter but haven't used them. I bought a top coat that said it was a Seche Vite top coat but is NOT the same as their famous fast dry top coat and I've never used it or the L.A. Colors bottles.
 
11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks? 
I typically avoid neons because they usually require a white base coat but I will use almost any pastel, bright or dark nail polish. I try to discriminate. =)

12. What is your holy grail base coat, top coat and color?
Base: OPI Nail Envy but I've been using Qtica's nail strengthener because I had it and ran out of nail envy and wanted to use what I had instead of buying more Nail Envy. 
Top coat: I have preferred Essie Good To Go over Seche Vite for a while now but lately I use Essie with Sephora Formula X top coat together and I like the combo. Sephora can be fast drying by itself but doesn't dry the other layers like the Essie or Seche do. But I can get the thickness I like with one coat of Sephora so I use both and I'm happy. 
Color?? My holy grail COLOR? Oh man... If a glitter top coat counts as a color then it would be Maybelline Colorama Ice Princess hands down. I bought it in 2005 and it was discontinued so I bought 8 bottles on eBay in 2008 or 2009 because my first bottle was empty or close to it. I have 3.5 bottles left out of those 9. I gave 2 away so it becomes 7 that I've had which means I've used 3.5 bottles of it! But if that doesn't count then my holy grail color would be Revlon Bubble Gum, even though I haven't used it much since 2012 but it is a shade of pink that I love and have based all pink shades on since. 

13. What is one brand you want to try but haven't yet? 
I'm going to pick just one brand and go with Picture Polish. See, I can be easy!

So I answered everything and some of them are very in depth. Probably way more info here than anyone ever wanted to know. But just like I promised, here's all the questions without my answers to make it easy to copy/paste...

1. What nail polish(es) are you wearing on your nails right now?
2. What is one nail product you can't live without?
3. What is your favorite nail polish brand (mainstream and indie)?
4. What kind of nail shape do you prefer to wear and do you prefer long or short nails?
5. What is your go-to color?
6. What is your favorite nail polish finish?
7. What's on your nail polish wish list?
8. When do you usually paint your nails (mornings, afternoons or evenings/nights)?
9. What's your top nail tip that you swear by?
10. What nail polish do you regret buying?
11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks?
12. What is your holy grail base coat, top coat and color?
13. What is one brand you want to try but haven't yet?

No comments: