Pages

8.28.2014

Nail polish remover review!


I don't know where to start with my love hate relationship towards nail polish remover. I've been pretty unhappy with them all. The ones pictured are the latest ones I've tried. 100% acetone is supposed to be amazing but... This one hasn't been amazing. It did the job but I've used other brands of 100% acetone and they've worked better than this one did. I don't remember why I bought the bottle of non acetone remover but it also wasn't great. Studio 35 is Walgreens brand and I love Walgreen's brand stuff but I'm not going to buy their nail polish removers again. The Sephora by OPI however WAS amazing. I bought it in a box set at Big Lots. The Sephora by OPI line was discontinued but I think you might still be able to find the set at Big Lots. It comes with a base coat, top coat and a purple nail polish. I haven't used the polishes yet. It was supposed to be $5 for the set but I paid $9. Huge sad face. Now when I see them, they're all marked $9 so I haven't bought anymore. If they were marked $5 I would buy more just for the nail polish remover. That's how much I loved it. It removed everything easily and didn't dry my skin out like the 100% acetone sometimes does. If you see the set for $5 like it's supposed to be, buy it for sure. I thought I would like the Zoya Remove + but... It wasn't as great as I was expecting. It was free with my last order from Zoya. As of right now, I don't have plans on buying it but I'll keep trying it to see if I change my mind.

I've saved the best for last. The pink thing with the animal print on it that says nail art?? It's a little jar of nail polish remover pads. I bought some last year from Dollar General. They were the L.A. colors brand and were scented. I don't remember what scent I started with. The scent isn't strong on them but they don't have a horrible smell either. So it's whatever. The one pictured is some other brand I picked up at Walgreens and they also come in different scents. The L.A. colors one are fruits and then the ones from Walgreens are either Jasmine or Vanilla I think. They're usually $1-$2. Some stores have them clearanced out and they are less than a $1 then. I buy lots of them at a time. They are great at removing nail polish. Glitter is still a pain in the butt but they still work for that. I don't mind the "work" that goes into removing glitter from my nails, I just really really really hate when the cotton (from whatever I'm using) gets snagged on the glitter. I used to pour the 100% acetone into the cap and just soak my fingers in it to remove glitter. I didn't care how bad that was me, I just really hate having the snagging. Lol. 

Anyways. I love the nail polish remover pads. They come in either 25 or 30 count and I'm not sure if they're supposed to be really thin or what but it seems like I can peel them apart and get more out of it? But I don't know if that's how they're supposed to be or not, I've never counted to see. Either way, they seem to last "forever". They're great for travel because you can just stick it in your purse or car. I've removed my polish several times in the car. It's less to carry since it's just that small little case and there's no need for a bottle of remover and whatever you use to remove the polish, cotton pads, cotton balls or even toilet paper. 

I don't know if these are airplane friendly or not. They could be since it's not liquid???? It's cheap enough that I would be willing to find out in the future. I wouldn't mind throwing it away if they said I couldn't bring it with me on the plane (since it could be considered a flammable material) but since it's not liquid, they might also not even notice it!! If someone knows, let me know. 

No comments: