Pages

5.08.2014

I got my days mixed up.

I thought Wednesday was anxiety day and Thursday was nail day but it's the other way around. So this week only I'll switch it. Lol. I painted my nails on Sunday before we left the hotel. But the picture is from today. 
I have such dried skin around my nails. I used to never have dry skin. I guess I need to drink more water. I'm trying!! My base coat is OPI Nail Envy. The color is Maybelline Colorama Ice Princess and is a color that has been discontinued for a really long time and is a really big favorite of mine. I've gone through I think 2 bottles of it and have given 2 bottles of it away. I think this means I have 3 left? I might need to check and see if I need to buy some more! Top coat is seche vite. 

I've been using the nail envy now for a few weeks and I like it. I don't notice it making my nails grow faster but it seems to make them stronger. They're not flexible anymore so they're not breaking anymore like they did all the time before. That's the only difference I see but that is still a huge plus for me to keep buying it and using it. 

Seche vite. I also love it. It definitely makes my nail polish dry much quicker than they do with any other top coat I've ever used. I rarely have shrinking like some people do. I know that sometimes manicures don't last as long as people would like and I haven't quite figured out my favorite solution for this yet. But when I do, I'll type it up here. Most people though that use seche vite usually do their nails nearly every day anyways. So manicures that last for a week or longer isn't something that they're looking for. They're looking for a top coat that will allow them to do the nail art that they do for their blogs. In my opinion if you want a top coat that will dry fast and you know you're going to remove your nail polish in a few days then seche vite is definitely the way to go. Also it's not chipping that usually happens, it's shrinking that happens, where the nail polish is literally shrinking away from all sides of your nail. Typically your nail starts to grow and you have space between your polish and your cuticle, right? Well it's like that except on all 4 sides of your nails and I notice it more on the tip. Probably because that is the part that is getting the most wear and tear of your nails. I've also had manicures last for a really long time! Last July when J had his surgery I did my nails beforehand at some point and when the nurse was talking to me afterwards she stopped what she was talking about to ask me about my nails (like seriously? You couldn't wait?) but by then I think my manicure was 2 weeks old and then I went to the doctor and got another compliment and it was 3 weeks old by then. So you can get a long lasting manicure with seche vite. I have no idea what I did differently though. Maybe I didn't take a shower then since J couldn't take a shower. Lol. Just kidding. Or am I? 

Okay, wow, this turned into a really long post. 

No comments: