Pages

7.15.2012

More stars. And other ramblings.

I bought four more of the glass star candle holders yesterday. I don't want to buy them all at once even though they are only a dollar each. For this item though, I'm pretty sure that Dollar Tree won't stop selling it because I've seen them there for years and I've had 1 for close to 4 years now and seeing my old one was what gave me the idea to begin with.

I still need to purchase some ribbon to see what I can do with it with the metal pails and the bubbles.

And I saw glass bulb string lights that have clear and two shades of yellow that I liked at World Market but at 14.99 for 10 on a strand, I want to see what else is out there and to also have a wedding venue to see how I even want/need to use lighting like that. And they had battery operated lanterns in plain yellow that I liked. Packs of 4 I think were 14.99 but I saw them at the Dollar Tree also so I'd try to see if those would work.

Also at the Dollar Tree were plastic decorative serving dishes and the likes that I'm pretty sure we'll use just because they looked pretty decent for the price and we like that we can just throw it away after the reception because his sister was married in October and she had a lot of crystal and glass pieces that we had to empty and pack back up afterwards. And we would much rather just throw it away!!

At Party City, they have yellow, purple and white paper lanterns (no lights) in packs of 3 for 6.99. They're big and roung and lovely. And they have other paper products to string up too in those 3 colors (And other various colors too) but not sure how cheesy all of these paper hanging things would be and once again, I want to know the venue we're getting married at and having the reception at (if it's in a different location) before deciding on that level of decoration.

My mom talked to my aunt yesterday and my aunt told her we could have the wedding at her house and she has a large yard that she's working on and the idea is lovely and I'd really like to do it there except she lives in GA and we live in south FL!!!!

My family and a few of my friends have to travel anyways to where we live so for them, going to GA wouldn't be a big deal but his immediate family and all of his friends all live here so I don't know if he'll want to ask them to travel to the wedding.

One of his brothers did tell me that he'd go to GA for our wedding. BUT two days before our wedding date, a good friend of everyone's is getting married and a lot of my fiance's friends are also going to that wedding and so that could be tricky.

We'll see. I'm going to finish my laundry now and I still need to figure out the picture posting part of this!

No comments: