Pages

1.19.2018

notes for a future post

One of the future posts that I wanted to write before was what are ways I've increased storage in my bathroom and I wanted to show pictures. But that's not happened yet.


So I'm going to write some quick highlights of what I've done with a full detailed post with pictures coming later.


-Shower has a caddy that hangs off shower head.
-Hook on wall for detangling comb and loofah.
-Curtain rod that hangs over doors- we use it only for clean dry towels, wet towels go on shower rod and then floor in a rotation so that a towel isn't getting used more than 3 times before going on the floor. It also has some hooks that I use to hang our belts and my bras on.
-The tops of my two medicine cabinets aren't set into the wall so you're able to store stuff there that won't fit inside the cabinet. The giant bottle of peroxide? Yup. Dry shampoos, leave in conditioners? Yeah. Possibly back ups of body wash, shampoo and conditioner? Why not? Though we store ours in the laundry room closet because that is convenient to us right now.
-A hook on the wall by toilet for the toilet brush handle to hang. It isn't a reusable brush, it holds the disposable brush so when it's hung on the wall, the brush is gone.
-When I lived alone here I had a metal holder for the side of the toilet, it hangs from the toilet tank and holes two extra rolls. I don't have any hidden under sink storage in the bathroom. Now that there are two people here, I use that and I have a metal holder that sits on the ground and holds 6 rolls.
-Hooks on the wall for hair brush or comb if it has a hole in the handle. Hair ties can get stored on brush handle or on a different hook.
-I hung a over the door type of organizer, it's adjustable and can either be over the door or screwed to the wall. It comes with 4 shelves and a rod that is for 4 hooks. The piece that is attached to the wall is the same thing that is on the back of a door. They can be made to hang 6 feet long or 3 feet long (guessing) door or wall. I did 6 feet on a door at the old house. For the bathroom I did 3 feet and I'm able to use 3 of the shelves and the rod that has the hooks. Currently my hooks are holding hair ties, hair brush, lint roller, scissors and a shower cap. Sometimes they'll hold my rings during my shower. The 3 shelves pack a lot punch. They hold skin and hair samples, toothpaste, perfume, mouth wash, razors, q tips,
-Since floor space is limited I use a small dollar tree laundry basket in there and when it's full I dump it into a bigger basket or straight in the washer. We tried a big on but it was always in the way!
This used to be a pool bathroom so it wasn't getting used on a daily basis. When the pool fell into (or caused) a sink hole she never replaced the pool and so the pool room and pool bathroom became an apartment. So the bathroom here design wise was great for pool parties. But as apartment dwellers?


Bathroom has been painted.


I've been working on getting the medicine cabinet fixed. It's so damaged that paint isn't able to cover everything. My plans is to buy 1 or 2 medicine cabinets to replace those 2. If I do 1, I want it bigger that these are.


Once I do that. I want to repaint the entire cabinet to see if it can be made to look good. If not, the 2nd cabinet hasn't been cleaned yet so I would try different paint on it.


THEN I want to reuse one of them in the bedroom. Dry shampoo, hair brush, deodorant, make up and make up brushes can go inside and/or on top. Dental picks could be kept in there. Gum for when you're leaving to go somewhere with someone. Also you can put hooks on the cabinet's sides or on the wall for them to hold your brush and hair tools. My location doesn't have an outlet on that wall so I'm not sure where I'll solve that. Hang the hair dryer, the curling iron on hooks on the wall and maybe with an outlet near by or use an extension cord. Just remember to unplug devices before prolonged of no usage. Don't forgot the lint rollers, sunscreen and scissors.


Maybe a garbage can near by or a small one for on top or inside of the cabinet,

No comments: